Easter Egg Cups - get ready

13 comments
I love egg cups.  I find them somewhat impractical but I love the idea of using them.  I think the shape is so pretty and the colors and designs are innumerable.  What can be better than pretty egg cups than pretty egg cups for Easter?
Think how cute these would look with little scoops of Easter colored ice cream.
Egg cups would look cute with herbs planted inside, tiny candies, votives  or as I use them...little holders for kosher salt and coarse pepper.
Grab your Easter pastel fabrics, little lengths of ribbon or trim and be ready for a week of Easter Tutorials called Easter Bunny Blog Hop coming your way the first part of March featuring several blogs and hosted by Melissa Stramel.  Here is a sneak peak of what will be in MY tutorial. (I really think they will look more like eggs in the cups once the sashing is around the blocks.  I hope.)  Riley Blake is sponsoring the Blog Hop with charm packs but I've been practicing with the above fabric until my charm pack arrives.  I figure I'll make a few.  My project will be a table runner.  I hope I haven't given too much away but that I've peaked your interest and you want to block out time to participate.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

13 comments

CuteStuffInside said...

The Easter egg block is really cute. I make mini ice cream sundaes in my egg cups. Yummy without over indulging and very young ladies think they are adorable!

Darlene said...

That's really cute, Nanette. Can't wait to see more!

Nedra said...

So cute Nanette! I'm so glad you are part of this talented designing group :)

AnnieO said...

I don't own any egg cups but always admire them in shops. Your fabric ones are too sweet!

Lynn said...

Darn, egg cups are one of those things from my Mom's house I wish I still had.
I love love love your block for the hop.

pratima said...

Pretty Easter cups! I love how tiny and sweet they are! now I am eager to see this fully finished project with them. How fun to be part of this design team :)

Pinkadot Quilts said...

They are so cute! The colors caught my eye right away!

Sentimentally Me said...

Ohhhhhhh! I'm IN on this one!!

Carrie P. said...

I like egg cups too but would never use them like they do in old movies. Great tip about using votive candles in them.
I am looking forward to this hop.

PamKittyMorning said...

Super cute! No surprise I like egg cups too!

Sinta Renee said...

You always have something fun up your sleeve! Those blocks are so cute... and I would love to get my hands on those egg cups!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How cute, and how very Nanette! I love them.

Thimbleanna said...

Sounds like fun Nanette -- those blocks are super cute!