Lori's Apples Started

23 comments
Lori has the next row up in the Row-A-Long tutorials she's hosting at her blog.  This row is apples.  And they are mighty delicious.  You must go check it out.
If I don't keep up with each row, I won't complete this project, and I'm really trying to not start new things I don't have time to complete.  So when Lori put up the directions on Wednesday, I snagged some time to go cut my pieces out.  And per usual, I missed a few things and had to go back and recut.  But I think this time I got it right.
Picking out the fabric is such a treat when you can choose anything from stash.  And I adored the apple pattern. Lori did such a good job with this block.  I may want to make an entire apple quilt at some point.
Each apple is fun to look at and each leaf is unique.  And I think my background fabric works well with the blocks.
The apple cores were my favorites to make.  I think they are just darling.  I haven't put the apples into a row yet.  Maybe tonight if I have some time.  Now I can't wait for the next row.

If you aren't making this project, rethink that.  I'm so incredibly glad I caved and joined the fun.  I'm busier than ever but not too busy to enjoy making these blocks.  Thanks so much Lori.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

23 comments

Susan said...

I like the apple core blocks the best too. Y'all are having loads of fun with these great blocks, I just may join in soon!

circle r motel said...

I was excited to see you had your apples finished! I have just begun picking out my fabrics from my stash. The husband is gone over night so I'll get the row done today!

AnnieO said...

Delicious! Your choices are so fresh and bright. Love the polka dot stem :)

Darlene said...

I agree with Annie, delicious! I've managed to resist Lori's row along but these apples may break the camel's back. LOL

Like you, I'd love to make an entire quilt with just the apples.

Jan said...

So darn cute I can hardly stand it!!

Tara said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!!! Cant wait to watch it progress into one of your fantastic projects.

Lynn said...

Such a cute block and I love yours!!
Really really tempting after I saw this one. I could at least make some apples, right?

julieQ said...

Your blocks are just darling!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great apples Nanette! I'm going to still try to jump in and catch up on this one but I was just assigned another Halloween costume!

Sherri said...

SOOOOO cute! I love them!!!

Lori Holt said...

Oh my!!!...
You're fabric choices are always so incredible my friend.
I just love them!!!

michelle said...

Hi Nan, I got my three rows done yesterday of Lori 's row quilt. Now I see she posted her next row. Sure wish I had your material stash to rob from. We are talking a load do horses home tomorrow so I'll have to see what material I have at home to pick from. I am enjoying making this. She does a good job explaining her rows so I hope my meager skills will be enough to keep going. Hope all is good at your home. We are going to Vegas Sat. So we can see our kids and grand kids. I miss them.

Heather said...

Oh dear, I was not planning to do this one but those apples are so tempting!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

I agree they are all gorgeous.

Barbara said...

You've got me following along on this project, too (which is different from doing it, mind you!). I thought the apples were great, too. Lori's directions are so clear they make me think I could do it. Someday!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

These are just darling! I'm so glad I can live vicariously through you gals!!

Carrie P. said...

cute, I need to get busy on my apples.

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Nanette -- those apple cores are my favorites so far!

Sherry said...

Hi Nanette! Your apples turned out so darn cute. I'm going to play catch up on this project this week-end. When I saw Lori's first post about it, I knew I couldn't resist it. Everything she does is so awesome. Hope you have a great week-end!

Corrie said...

Super cute! I'm living through you. The apples are darling & your leaves add fun.

Atelier Ullizee said...

Lovely idea, looks great!!!!

pratima said...

Yummy juicy apples! The apple cores are equally cute and a nice surprise element!

Sinta Renee said...

Soooooooo cute!!! I love seeing these rows come together!