What Have I Been Doing?

19 comments
First of all I want to tell you how grateful I am for all the sweet messages to me and my family about Eliza. I can't tell you how much we appreciate them. Whitney has been reading them as well as my other daughters, my in-laws and extended family. It is so touching to see the far reach of Eliza in prayers and thoughts. Thank you.

Believe it or not I have been working on some things while I have been MIA. So I'm going to give you a peak at some of my projects.
My Row by Row quilt is done, bound, photographed and pattern 95% finished. I'm proof reading it right now and by the end of the week I hope my pattern is in my Etsy Shop. This is a project that has taken forever. Holidays and family matters come before deadlines. I'm so happy with it and can't wait for my reveal.I finished my sampler size of the row by row blocks and it is hanging in my sewing room. This isn't the best photo but I think it turned out nice.
I've been working on my 5" blocks from Lori's Daisy Cottage. I used 4 charm packs and white yardage. The blocks are not in scale and I kind of like the contrast. So far I've made cups, houses, window coverings and lamps. I have several more block patterns to add before this is done. Using the fabric as my inspiration has been really fun. I've not set a deadline for this but I'm just enjoying the process in the Pat Sloan method of even sewing 10 min a day when I'm stretched for time.
I
I have to say we've done a lot of this. Allison has been at our house quite a bit and we have enjoyed her so much. Pa, Nanny, and the aunts have been really spoiling Allison. Aunt Chelsey bought her this at a trip to Costco. Pa put her up on it and she didn't want to get out. Let's just say there is a lot going on at my house.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

19 comments

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't been blog reading too much lately and first have now read about Eliza - I do wish Eliza well and your family, it will be a learning/loving experience to help this baby grow. I do believe from reading your blog that you have a loving family and a lot of support from within - my best wishes to your and your family.
Karen

PamKittyMorning said...

Love Allie in that car. That totally cracks me up. Love all your projects. xo

AnnieO said...

Glad you have been able to spend some time on your quilting amid all the hubbub and worry about your newest granddaughter! Allison is obviously a very busy girl and keeping you all distracted quite well :) Love your blocks with the rick rack and household items--so cute!

Simone de Klerk said...

Love the cottage blocks. So sweet.
And what a great picture of Allison.

Cheryl said...

As always wonderful project.....so excited for you new pattern. That is the cutest picture of Allison. I think that would be the perfect advertisement fot that Little Tyke car!!!

Dotty Dolly said...

I love the lamps with the ric rac for the stand. It reminds me of a lamp that my grandma had with a barley twist stand when I was a little girl. Best wishes to you and all your lovely family.

Lori Holt said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the row by row quilt!...and I'm really into the little Daisy Cottage blocks...so sweet!
I can't wait to see more of them:)
And of course what can I say about Allison...what a cute pic!
xx
Lori

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Thank Heavens someone bought that little one the car!! Too, sweet!
LOVE the row by row quilt and the lamps!!

Lynn said...

Really like the row by row quilt, an I love the daisy cottage blocks! Cute picture, you'll have to save it for her down the road she learns to drive!

Kim Walus said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this crazy time. I hope your new grand baby is continuing to improve each day. Love ya! Miss ya! I have a little gift for you too, when I get a chance to bring it to you.

busyascanbe said...

Can wait to see the row quilt...I am very curious now...way to peak our interst!..LOL

Julia said...

Allison is so cute in that car, she'll be zipping around the house having so much fun.
Looking forward to seeing the row by row quilt, your designs are always so bright and happy.
Julia ♥

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Now after all those children, Mr. Hive must have forgotten that cardinal rule: once a child sits in a toy, it is his/hers. LOL

Allison is a sweetie and I'm sure that little extra bit of spoiling right now is good for her.

Sherry said...

Allison is just too darn cute in that car! LOL Love your Daisy Cottage blocks & your RBR quilt is wonderful! You keep sewing on Nanette...with all you have going on at your place I think you are doing great!

Jennifer said...

I'm catching up on blogs and just read about Eliza {love her name!}. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and it sounds like there is a wonderful support system already!

Your projects are beautiful as always and I'm glad to see that you are getting a little sewing time in. Sewing is always a good stress relief for me...

Jennifer :)

Carrie P. said...

Looks like your new quilt is going to be very cute. I love the fabrics you used.
You have been busy!

Browndirtcottage said...

Your projects are all lovely Nanette!

I know you dream of a land far away with sewing machines and shelves bulging over with all the fabrics your heart desires with Mountain Dew on tap 24/7 and where your favorite old movies play from a big screen TV.
A place where you never have to cut out anything ever again, block pieces magically appear at your machine ready for your pleasure and where you can just snap your fingers and the binding fairies appear with needle and thread.............oh wait.....sorry, that's my dream! Ha!

I'm just glad you had some quilty time and maybe let your mind rest and be calm from all that has been going on.

We care for you Nanette and pray the best for you and your family!!!

Momoo said...

Allison looks so cute in her new wheels. I'm sure having her around brightens up the day for your whole family. She has a big job ahead, being the big sister :)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

That is the cutest pic. What a sweet thing for Aunt Chelsey to give to Allison. I remember when my sons had a bouncing inchworm thing on wheels as a toddler. He loved that thing. Simple pleasures make kids the happiest. :-)