Fabric Friday - Fussy Cut and Baby Quilts

16 comments
I need to make some baby quilts soon so I went snooping in my stash for some fun fabric. Fussy cut gems always attract me. I am always thinking what I can do with fun little images.
This fabric is so incredibly full of great ideas. Think of the cover button ideas just in this one piece.
This is another sweet juvenile novelty with darling characters. The cuckoo clock is my favorite. But I do love the birdies too.
I don't have very much of this fabric but I think this would make great sashing, borders and binding.
I love the little elephants in this one holding bunting. So cute. I have a good idea about what I could do with it.
The companion fabric to the one above had this hand written note on it. I came upon this sitting on the counter in my sewing room one morning. The note is taped tightly to the fabric stressing the desire for ownership. My daughter Natalie wants to steal this from me I think.
This lovely watercolory rose medallion doesn't go with the theme today but I really love it and it has been sitting out on my cutting table for me to admire so I thought I'd include it. It is beautiful I think.

Going to the Beehive Bazaar in Provo today with my daughters. It is always so much fun. It is open today and tomorrow. We try never to miss this event. It is like a big huge Etsy type store full of all different things. I am hoping to find something like that kitschy vintage Christmas wreath I passed up last year. Then to Provo Bakery for a little treat.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 comments

Jennifer said...

What a great selection of fabric! I would be taping "mine" notes too if I lived in your house LOL!

Jennifer :)

Nedra said...

again: You are the Fussy Cut Queen!
Have a fun day with your daughters.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What pretty ones, again! I especially like that first one. It looks like someone has just dumped lots of interesting things on the table, and there they are for you to enjoy.

Natalie said...

I hadn't seen the elephant fabric yet. I think I'll claim that one too, thank you.

Micki said...

I love all of the fabrics!
Micki

em's scrapbag said...

Those elephants are even cuter than I imagined when you mentioned them the other day. And yes that piece has unlimited potential for covered buttons. Which btw I've ordered and plan on following your's and Nedra's fine example. I can't wait for them to arrive.

pratima said...

fussy cut possibilities with the top fabrics are endless... The 'note' made me giggle... hehe... Elephants and bunting.. Just adorable!

Momoo said...

Is the first fabric Japanese? I bought something very similar on Etsy to make some Christmas presents.
Hope you enjoyed the bazaar.

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, fussy cutting! Those are some wonderful prints. You're amazing that you always manage to find such fun fabrics!

Sherri said...

Love your fabric posts (well...I love all of your posts...you always have something fun to share)! Have a wonderful weekend!

AnnieO said...

Definitely lots of variety in cuteness to choose from! Does Natalie often leave little slips of paper in your stash? LOL.

Have a great outing with your daughters, what fun.

Shari said...

Lovely fabrics. I'd take that one as 'mine' as well! Hope you have fun with the girls and find a wreath! A little kitsch is good!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Lots of great fabrics and some that I would also write "mine" on if I could search your stash. LOL! I think that note is way cute. :-)

Aunt Spicy said...

Totally would stick "mine" on all of it! Super adore the blue + roses, very Jennifer Paganelli!

Carrie P. said...

great fabrics,
wonder what you found at the bazaar?

Elena said...

Cute! Those first ones look Japanese. Where did you get those cute elephants?!