My Day with Lori=So Much Cuteness

38 comments
My life is so full. I'm very blessed. I have a family, job, business, hobby and wonderful friends. I'm also very busy, but that comes with the territory of having a full life. My BFF Lori Holt is also an extremely busy girl with a full life. When we can make time together it is really fun.
Lori invited me for lunch and to spend a few hours with her in her home and studio. Here I am with camera in hand snapping away. Since most of you will never make it to Lori's home I had to take as many photos as possible, and there was so incredibly much to capture and show you.
I love Lori's china hutch. I could take any and all of it home with me. Hint to my family: If you want to know something to get me for Christmas, look above. Unfortunately you can't just walk into Target and buy these things. This is a collection of a lifetime.
Is that tulip bowl just the cutest? And look at the little girl figure. Sigh. So so cute.
I've been wanting a vintage canister set for a long time. I wonder if Lori locks her doors?...?....
Everywhere you look there is just such cute stuff. I loved just standing and walking around taking it all in. Note to family: WANT this vintage scale!
Lori just happened to walk into my camera lens as I snapped this picture. Look how she uses her quilts! I tend to fold mine up and tuck them away. Lori uses her quilts everywhere in her home. I need to do more of that. After all, isn't that the point? - using our quilts.
Lori's style is very cottage and very sweet. Her antiques are placed everywhere and I especially enjoyed looking at her dishes. I love dishes too.
Speaking of dishes - red and white definitely works for me. What a pretty collection.
Fiesta ware and pitchers - darling. Like I said, everywhere I looked I wanted to take a photo.
Her vintage child's chair doubles as a stool. Lori is so clever. I can learn so much from her.
Lori and I both made this basket quilt. Her family room shows more examples of her using her quilts. They are tucked here and there. Lori's studio is an organized wonder. She had so much to show me that I sorta forgot to take many photos and some of the photos that I did take didn't turn out.
I loved how Lori uses space and takes advantage of showing her collections.
Her cutting table is fabric and batting covered so she can iron and work on it with her cutting mat at one end.
More cutting table. So cute.
A large bowl sits on her cutting table with things she is getting ready to use or things that are inspiring her at that moment. The vintage bowl is lovely.
Here is another corner where usefulness, vintage design, and eye candy meet.
Lori's back yard is just a glance away from her studio and family room. While I was at Lori's house there was a very light sprinkle of snowflakes coming down. It made her yard look magical almost.
This is the quilt in Lori's entry. It is really beautiful. It makes me happy that Lori and I have so much in common. I have a dishes quilt too that I hang in my entry. This quilt above is Lori's design. It makes me want to go home and start making this quilt immediately. I want it.
This is the gift Lori gave me during our visit. It is a vintage heart box with sweet yellow roses on it. Adorable. And look at this fantastic feed sack underneath the box. Lori knows what I like. The feed sack is so sweet and it is in perfect condition.
With just Lori and me together there wasn't anyone to take our photo so we took the picture in the mirror in Lori's living room. We had such a lovely time together. Thank you so much Lori, for a wonderful time.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

38 comments

Sherri said...

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Loveliness. I love everything. I'm waiting to make that dishes quilt too (and every other new quilt Lori will be coming out with). What a wonderful day!

Millie said...

I love everything...the decorations and the quilts. Her home is beautiful and I can tell you girls had a so much fun together.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness - it is all so sweet!

Sue said...

Oh Nanette, thank you so much for sharing your visit with Lori. I love her style and I can see why you love her too. The quilts and collections are just so delicious.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a fun visit to Lori's house with you Nanette! Thanks for taking me along!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a wonderful visit to a great friend. You two DO have so much in common, and I'll bet you inspire each other!

Lori Holt said...

You are too kind:)
It was such a wonderful day to catch up with you and you are such a wonderful friend!
Let's do it again soon.
xx
lori

Lynn said...

Thanks for the tour, really enjoyed it. I love Lori's home, so much to look at. It looks like a home where precious things are used and loved.

SueWis said...

Soooo cute! Every last bit of it! I do especially love her hutch and everything in it, and also her entryway quilt. How fun!

Jodi Nelson said...

way fun! looks like you two had a awesome day!

michelle said...

I want a friend just like Lori. She sure has a knack for decorating. You are pretty talented yourself. You two make a great pair.

Julia said...

What fun...how lucky were you to be among all of Lori's lovely quilts.
Love how Lori uses her gorgeous quilts...her home is so homely and warm..
Julia ♥

amy smart said...

You two are so wonderful! Thanks for the tour Nanette. What a treat to see all those goodies!!

Three Birds Inspired said...

What a lovely home! So many of her displays had me flashing back to my grandmother's house when I was a child. I guess that means that I AM VINTAGE! :)

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

You two are so lucky to have one another in each others lives. You are both an inspiration.
And your right very cutesie..

Kaaren said...

I could live in Lori's house in a heartbeat, Nanette. Gorgeous!

Thanks so much for sharing. Sooooo much inspiration and waaaaaay too much eye candy. I think I've just gained twenty pounds. *wink*

Sparky said...

Very shabby chic and exactly how I thought her home would like to a T.... You are both such delights. You inspire us to be US...thanks for the tour...Gosh camera's are such a great invention. I am thrilled to be sharing this season of my life with some of you ladies...OUR world is softer, brighter and better 'cause you are in it..

Betsy said...

Nanette, thank you for such a great tour. Lori definetly knows how to display her collections. They look so good.

Jocelyn said...

I've hopped over from Lori's blog. What a great tour. Love all the wonderful pictures.

Nedra said...

It makes me so happy just to see you two together. Thank you for showing more of Lori's home. She is amazing!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Way too cute. Love all the pictures. Love that dish quilt too.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh you lucky ducks! It looks like you had a wonderful time together -- you two are so cute!!!

Truffle queen said...

I want to make that dish quilt, too! What a fun home! What a treat! Your eyes must be dancing the whole time you're there!

Anonymous said...

Nanette, you and Lori need to kick LOri's family out of her house and open a Bed and Breakfast there...you could invite all of your quilting friends who live near and far and make a bundle! I'm sure her family wouldn't mind, oh, and you would have to live there, too, so you could act as tour guide! It was such fun to see everything - thanks for giving us a peek! xo, The Other Nanette

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

OK. That's it. I'm moving to Utah!!

Sharon said...

Nanette -
Thank you so much for sharing all these lovely photo's of Lori's home. I visit Lori's blog EVERY day. When I'm sad or stressed, it soothes me much more than a licensed therapist ever could! I found your blog from her's so I have added yours to my daily blog journey as well. Lori has shared a few pics of her craft room, but her house and yard are simply breathtaking. How can you NOT raise a wonderful family in such a peaceful homey atmosphere! You both inspire me so much! Thank you again for blessing our blog world and our lives!
Sharon

strawberrycream39 said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I think you guys need to adopt a new friend (ahem!). I get so inspired reading your blog. Lori's house is exactly what I want mine to look like. The aqua and red cabinet is unbelievably nice.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Love all the photos and must go back and look again!! The last photo was the best!

Christine M said...

So many lovely things. The dishes quilt is beautiful.

Karen said...

I like that jadite green collection!

Messy Karen said...

way-super-cute!

Barbara said...

psssst ... if you find out Lori leaves her doors unlocked, and you need a partner in crime, or a getaway driver, you know where to find me, OK?

em's scrapbag said...

I love all of Lori's dishes! What an awesome collection. I also love how she has displayed all her quilts. Some great ideas there. Thanks for sharing your fun day with Lori.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just enjoyed your get together. I love the red/white dishware and all the other kitchie things and the lovely chachies. My fav quilt is the plates and cups - how inviting.

Frog Quilter said...

OMG. Such lovely eye candy for the morning. Thanks for such a lovely post.

pratima said...

So much cuteness in every corner!
So nice that you had a fabulous time together... your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing about your lovely day, Nanette :)

Retrogirl said...

Delicious ideas, special thanks to you and Lori for sharing!!! LOVE all the colors! What an inspirational visit.

Jeanne said...

I enjoyed my 'visit' to Lori's house, too. Thank you for sharing.