Purl Fingerless Gloves

18 comments
A few months ago, Purl featured a pattern for cashmere fingerless gloves. I liked the style and simplicity of the pattern and decided that they would be nice to add to my wardrobe.
As nice and luxurious as the idea of owing a pair of cashmere gloves is, I'm not the biggest fan of the fiber. It is very tempermental, sheds easily, and must be washed with extreme care. I use my hands a lot so when I made my own pair I used wool put out by Louet called Gems. I especially like this yarn, because after you wash it -- it blooms a little, and gets much softer. The end-result is a near-cashmere fingerless glove.

After completing a pair, I had 2 siblings request a pair for themselves. So - I ended up making a pair for my sister, Jamie, and another pair for Mason, which I gave him on his birthday.
-shelbie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

18 comments

rachel griffith said...

i know i was supposed to be looking at the gloves...but i couldn't help but drool over that quilt.
LOVE it!!!

Dionne said...

Love the gloves! I am so with you on the cashmere as well!
Cheers,
Dionne
PS - I agree with Rachel, that quilt is brilliant!

MichelleB said...

I love them, Shelbie! I must add them to my list of "to do's."

Unknown said...

Very cool gloves!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Shelbie! They are great!! My daughters would love those too!! Very nice job!

Nedra said...

It's always good to hear from Shelbie. The gloves are great!

Sherri said...

Hi Shelbie!! What great gloves! I remember seeing those on Purl a while back.

Rumi said...

Love the gloves! I hear what you say about "luxury" yarns being a bother sometimes. I made a scarf with a mohair blend yarn and it sheds all over whatever it is I'm wearing and the little fibers tend to find their way into my eyes! Not comfortable!

Kritta22 said...

So cute!!!!!

Patricia said...

You are a knitter extraordinaire! I have knitted socks, but gloves. They are way out of my league. I think they are very cool. Keep knitting!!! Love, Tricia

Karen said...

Very cute, S. Did yu use the really short, dpns for the "finger" parts?

Carrie P. said...

Very cool!!

flora said...

wow!

Dawn said...

Great job Shelbie!! They are so very cool!

PamKittyMorning said...

Love those fingerless gloves, nice work Shelbie.

Unknown said...

I have knit fingerless gloves in so many different colours! The dollar store gloves in black or white or whatever make then glove really pop!

Shari said...

Shelbie you have done a fantastic job on those gloves! I am so impressed. You really do knit so well. Hope your siblings appreciate the hard work!

Cheers!

pratima said...

These are gorgeous. The colors are beautiful!!