Orange Feather Scarf

12 comments

This is another pattern from Wenlan Chia's Big City Knits.


I don't remember exactly what this yarn is, but I found it at Quilts Etc during the shop hop. I loved the peachy color, and how it changed. In addition to this, it is also super soft.

The yarn is softer than what the pattern called for, so I had to change the pattern account for this by making 3 "feathers" instead of 2, and 4 of the crochet blossoms instead of 3. I really like the way it turned out, and I think

it will be a great addition to my wardrobe for this fall, since scarves are supposed to be big.

Also in this post, I have shown below my pin cushion that I made at the ranch, and my sachet. I like the way that the elephant looks, because to me, it looks like the pincushion part is a kind of a pack-saddle. Kind of funny.-

Shelbie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

12 comments

em's scrapbag said...

I love the scarf. The color is vibrant. It will look great this fall. Have a great day!

CJ said...

The scarf is beautiful! So lacy.

Susan said...

That is a gorgeous scarf and it looks so soft--orange and pink is one of my favorite combos. And how cute is that pin cushion?!!

Anonymous said...

I love the scarf and the color is beautiful. What cute pin cushions.

Browndirtcottage said...

Hi Shelbie.....great scarf!!! You seem to be an excellant knitter. I'm so ready for fall and your scarf just makes me that much more ready for cool brisk days. Yes, scarves are so in. I made 38 for Christmas this last year. Mine were not knitted but sewn. That was before I blogged and learned to use my camera. I would have loved to have posted about them.
You have a very good eye for colors. Carry on!!!

Karen said...

Beautiful scarf. The color is the best. The pattern reminds me of one that my mom loved to knit. Breat job!

Karen said...

That was supposed to be Great Job;)
Knit on

Trisha said...

Pretty scarf! Shelbie, are you a memeber of Ravelry?

Tracey M. said...

A- your scarf should be mine. such a pretty color.
B- your hair is longer and more fantastic than mind. i am totally jealous.

Nan said...

Both, the scarf or the model are gorgeous!!

Ginger Patches said...

Oh what a pretty scarf...I really like the lacy look :)

Di~ said...

Pretty, very pretty. I love it that you are in the pix too! :)