In the mail yesterday . . .

10 comments
Last year I subscribed to Marie Claire Ideas. Of course it's all in French, which I don't speak. But the pictures are so lovely and the ideas so inspirational I don't even care that I can't read it. It springboards my creative side into thinking of so many things I could make with some of these ideas. If you can find this magazine I highly recommend picking it up. I wonder what bookstores carry it?

The magazine was so full of beautiful things and these are only a very few . . .

I love cups and saucers. They are so pretty. My house is no longer pick (or blue) but This is just beautiful. They are just decoupaged on the front of the cabinet.

Very clever.
I keep hoping to find an armless chair at a thrift store to recover. This one is so romantic and inviting.
How cute is the face on this little stuffed toy!
Such a darling quilt.
And great appliqué on the tablecloth.
Notice the forks on the lamp.
I found some dish towels like these on sale at Anthropologie last year. I can't even bear to take them out of the packaging to use them because they are so cute. I know I could make some.

This fat quarter also was a find yesterday. I love the Tiffany blue and the ribbon. Wouldn't that look great as fabric for an appliqué teapot? So many things I want to do, so little time! - nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

10 comments

Purple and Paisley said...

oh my goodness...i can't believe how much alike we are...i spent a good part of saturday on the marie clair idees website!!!!! you can translate the pages into english!!!!! the decoupage cabinets remind me of this month's blueprint magazine...a dresser with black and white pics of dressers decoupaged on it! i will try to send you a pic...i heard blueprint bit the dust though and there won't be any more issues...too bad...it was just getting good...

Happy Zombie said...

I really need to subscribe to this mag. I can never ever find it on the newsstands! Love all the photos you posted... I'm just drooling!

chq said...

What great photos for inspiration. I might actually be in trouble if I had the magazine... I'd spend all my time wishing for things I didn' have. Oh well - it's good to dream!

P.S. I love your ginger quilt - great colors!

Cherri

Ginger Patches said...

Thanks for sharing those pages!! I love there pages!! I have yet to see this magazine in person although I am always searching for it...I guess I may have to subscribe!

Tracey M. said...

it is going to take all my effort to try to not steal that tiffany blue fat quarter from you!

hmm, maybe i will have to read that magazine, and catch up on my French.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore Marie Claire Idees - this issue looks particularly good!! Can't wait to get my hands on it... I know you can find it in major bookstores in major American cities like Seattle...

Nerm said...

Hi Nanette-I LOVE Marie Claire Idees. I usually find it at a local bookstore, but should subscribe too. What wonderful pics you showed. Love that Anna Griffin fabric-I want to paint my bonus room that color, what do ya think? Nerm

Elizabeth said...

I love Marie Claire!! I usually get mine at Borders or Barnes and Nobel. Seems to me though that having a subscription is better,as the magazine is still not at the book store!! How did you subscribe to it? I use to live in France and got quite spoiled with just being able to get it at any newsstand. I found your blog through Nerm and Kitty.

meetmeatmikes said...

Oh.. thank you so much for sharing these pages! how absolutely divine is that magazine! we get it so late down here in Melbourne.. but I still devour it with gusto! Thankyou for visiting my blog... look at your lovely land of applique and quilts!

Claire Louise Milne said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely Marie Claire pictures.
Your pretty blue fabric would make such a pretty teapot applique! That's the perfect idea for it!